"Disability" according to the SSA (Social Security Administration) and under the federal Social Security Disability Act, means the "inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months or result in death."
PCM’s Consultants provide vital assistance and help in the initial filing phase for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claims, as well as in the appeals process by providing the following services:
- Provide clients with a thorough evaluation and analysis of their Social Security Disability or SSDI claims.
- Obtain from the Social Security Administration the benefit amount clients can expect to collect under the Act as your liaison with the Social Security Administration.
- Assist clients in completing and processing all of the requisite paperwork and applications for their SSDI claims.
- Obtain the requisite medical documentation, along with any additional reports, to support clients’ applying for SSDI.
- Prepare and attend any upcoming Social Security Disability hearings with clients.
- Thoroughly review initial denials of benefits with clients. The national average of initial denials is 60%. Compile, prepare, and submit the needed documentation to prevail during the appeal process to ensure that PCM’s clients receive all the SSDI benefits for which they are entitled to receive.